Welcome to your local RI resource for MA CSL Continuing Education!
MA CSL Continuing Education at RI Builders Association
The MA education program at the RI Builders Association is designed to get you access to a local and affordable education resource. If you are an RI or nearby MA contractor, our in-person course allows you to save time and money.
Since 6 hours of the CSL continuing education must be completed in person, we have created a six-hour class that meets your four-hour code review requirement and provides 2 extra hours of code related topics that can be used toward your electives.
The cost of our six-hour course is $25 for RIBA members and is $50 for non-members. Courses are generally scheduled quarterly – to register, please call Bob Salvas at 401-438-7400.
After taking our class, you may wish to finish the remaining 6 hours of required credits online. We recommend you visit the state of Massachusetts website for an updated list of their online course providers:
The following hour(s) of continuing education topics are required for CSL:
- • Code Review four (4) hours (our 6 hour class covers this requirement)
- • Workplace Safety one (1) hour
- • Business Practices / Workers’ Compensation one (1) hour
- • Energy (except Demolition Specialty License) one (1) hour
- • Lead Safe Practices (only first renewal cycle) one (1) hour
- • The remainder credit hours to be completed by approved electives – you will need two extra hours of elective classes to combine with the 6 hour online class we offer. Our class includes 2 hours of extra code for elective purposes.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at 401-438-7400.