Welcome to your local RI resource for MA CSL Continuing Education!
How to become a new contractor in Massachusetts
The MA education program at the RI Builders Association is designed to get you access to a local and affordable education resource. If you are an RI or nearby MA contractor, our in-person course at our East Providence training center allows you to save time and money.
Since 6 hours of the CSL continuing education must be completed in-person, we have created a six-hour in-person class that meets your four-hour code review requirement and provides 2 extra hours of code related topics that can be used toward your electives.
The cost of our six-hour course is free for RIBA members and is only $50 for non-members. Courses are generally scheduled quarterly – to register, please call Bob Salvas at 401-438-7400.
After taking our class, if you wish to finish the remaining 6 hours of credits online, we recommend you visit our sister Home Builders Association in Massachusetts and finish the rest of your required educational credits using their online resources. Below is a link to the MA Home Builders Association online educational website. They are a trusted industry source for top-quality education.
Special note: In combination with the 6-hour class we offer, you will need to complete the topics below which include two additional on-line elective courses – all of which can be taken at the Home Builders Remodelers Associations education website noted below:
The following hour(s) of continuing education topics are required for CSL:
- • Code Review four (4) hours (our 6 hour class covers this requirement)
- • Workplace Safety one (1) hour
- • Business Practices / Workers’ Compensation one (1) hour
- • Energy (except Demolition Specialty License) one (1) hour
- • Lead Safe Practices (only first renewal cycle) one (1) hour
- • The remainder credit hours to be completed by approved electives – you will need two extra hours of elective classes to combine with the 6 hour in-person class we offer. Our class includes 2 hours of extra code for elective purposes.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at 401-438-7400.
In the coming months, RIBA will expanding its in-person MA offerings so please call us or check back often to get updates on this inexpensive and convenient educational program.