VESL – Vocational English As A Second Language
18-Week Program Runs September 16, 2019 through January 15, 2019
The goal of the Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL) Program is to prepare job seekers who are looking to work in the residential construction industry or upskill current construction workers.
Classes Meet Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 5:30 to 8:30 pm at Segue Institute for Learning
325 Cowden St., Central Falls, RI 02863 and Central Falls Vocational Training Facility.
Seats are limited!
All applicants are required to take a CASAS test prior to program acceptance and admission.
A training associate will contact you with details.
Demonstrate commitment to start a career in construction and actively seek employment at RCWPJobs.com and other resources
TRAINING PROGRAM DETAILS
• Trained by Home Builders Institute, (HBI – the educational arm of NAHB) Certified Instructors
• Improve English Language while learning Construction Terminology
• Learn Carpentry and Construction Math
• Identify tools and tool safety
• Identify construction materials
• Learn construction jobsite safety, standards and receive OSHA 10 Certification
• Gain Employability Skills
• Hands-on training to gain experience
• Assistance with job placement
This program is brought to you by the Collaboration between RI Builders Association, Residential Construction Workforce Partnership, The Mayor’s Office of Central Falls, the Segue Institute for Learning and Dorcas International.
This project was funded in whole or in part by funds received through the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training and the US Department of Labor. Program details, location and dates are subject to change.
Questions? Contact Betty Bernal at 401.438.7400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org